I have made a PCB on which I inserted the OSD an VTX. This to avoid a bunch of cables that is needed to interconnect these modules with each other and other the components (cam, power, apm).
This PCB groups the OSD en VTX into one module with 3 external connectors.
- 4 wire connector to camera (gnd, power, video, sound)
- 3 wire connector to APM (gnd,
- 3 wire connector to battery (gnd, power,
The FPV camera is mounted to the frame just by tape. This was the easiest and fasted option. In this setup I tried to maximize the distance (22cm) between the FPV 5.8ghz antenna and the Wifi 2.4ghz antenna to avoid interference. On one of my previous projects I had only 12cm distance which added some noise on the video signal.
list of used fpv hardware:
- ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 25mW Video Transmitter
- ImmersionRC 5.8GHz Circular Polarized SpiroNet Antenna V2
- Minim OSD v1.1
- SONY Effio-E DSP 700TVL Camera with 2.1mm lens and mic
Meanwhile I also tested a Turnigy Multistar 1704-1900Kv motor. This is a very lightweight brushless outrunner. But it does not provide enough power (thrust) to use in this project. The benchmark result can be found on this blog: http://www.multiwii.be/Turnig-Multistar-1704-1900Kv-thrust-test
I should go for an 1806 or 2204 -> 2300kv motor to reach a powerfull 3 on 1 thrust to weight ratio.